Children, Families & Youth Worker
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours a week, but part-time and job share applicants will be considered.)
Salary: £25,015 (plus employer contribution to pension of 8.57% of salary)
Contract: 2 years
Closing date: 29th April 2022
Cornerstone Evangelical Church is looking for a full-time Children, Families and Youth Worker to oversee the development of our growing ministry for under 18s.
Based in the beautiful Welsh market town of Abergavenny, you would work with the pastor and our brilliant team of volunteers to lead and develop our current families’ work and to create new outreach opportunities in our local community.
We’re looking for someone fun, energetic, and enthusiastic, who has a close and vibrant personal walk with God, and a passion for evangelism and making disciples among children, young people and their families.
The post will be based at the Cornerstone Centre, in the centre of Abergavenny, with some duties able to be carried out at home. The post is offered on an initial 2-year contract.
You will need to be able to affirm the Church’s Statement of Faith and become a member of Cornerstone Evangelical Church. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and would be offered subject to all appropriate safeguarding checks and satisfactory references.
- To build and enhance the current strategy for our work with children, young people and families.
- Develop, support and manage a team of volunteers to work alongside you, equipping them with any training and resources they may require.
- Facilitate intergenerational engagement between under 18’s and the wider Church family, developing support for families with children in the church.
Key skills and experience
- A passion for sharing the good news of Jesus with children and young people.
- Able to present Biblical truth in a way relevant to children, youth and families.
- Proven experience of working with children, young people, and families.
- Understanding of the place and application of relevant legislation for example – Safeguarding; GDPR; Charity.
Hours are 37.5 hours a week, with some weekend and evening work. The exact timing of these duties to be agreed with the Pastor, taking account of the needs of the church and your own personal needs.
How to apply
Arrange to have an informal discussion with the pastor, Jonathan Thomas – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a written statement with personal details, a list of relevant experiences to date and an outline of no more than 600 words setting out why you want the job together with how you meet the essential criteria of the role. This should be emailed to email@example.com
If shortlisted there will be opportunity for an interview with the elders.
Closing date and interviews
Closing date for applicants is 29th April 2022. Interviews will take place on 7th May.
We are a warm, friendly, contemporary, evangelical church based in Abergavenny, Wales, who aim to love God, each other and our community. We meet at a local primary school for our Sunday morning services, and we have a range of activities throughout the week. We have a growing children and youth ministry, with around 50 regular church attendees under the age of 18. We have 83 members and we are affiliated to the FIEC.
For an informal conversation about the role, contact Jonathan Thomas on firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to visit the church and for an interview on Saturday 7th May 2022.